Preparation time: less than 90 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Baked cabbage with bacon:
Chop the cabbage and put in the pan with water and a little oil in the oven. Leave for half an hour, 40 minutes in the oven, on the right heat, with salt, pepper and 2 bay leaves. Cook the kaizer and add it over the cabbage with the oil in which it was fried. Leave it until the cabbage is well done.
First we spread the cabbage in sheets that we rinse well with cold water. Depending on how salty and sour the cabbage is, we can keep the leaves in cold water for 10-15 minutes. We like the sour taste, so we kept the leaves in water for only 5-6 minutes. Then I drained them very well.
From Vlăduț, the chef from “Neatza with Răzvan and Dani” I learned how to cut cabbage into uniform fringes.
Put the cabbage leaves on top of each other in packs of 5-6 sheets, then roll and cut the rolls into approximately equal fringes.
After cutting the cabbage into fringes, let it drain in a sieve.
Heat the oil and add the finely chopped onion. We leave it only until it starts to penetrate and we add the cabbage fringes over it. Mix the cabbage with the onion and leave them on the fire for another 4-5 minutes.
Add the scallops and all the other ingredients, mix them well with the sauerkraut and put the dish in the oven, at 165 degrees, for 2 hours.
We serve delicious pickled cabbage food with scallops, with polenta, cream, or to your heart's content.
Baked cabbage slices
I kept seeing on the net this way of cooking cabbage, which attracted me. I tried it recently and I want to tell you that it turns out really delicious. It tastes like hardened cabbage, but you get rid of the mixture during cooking. In addition, the appearance seems more effective to me.
- half a medium-sized cabbage
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard without sugar
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, grind
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- thyme, ground pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice, optional
Peel a squash, grate it and cut it in half. One of the cabbage halves is kept for another recipe, and the remaining one is cut into slices, I got 5 pieces. Put the cabbage slices in a tray on baking paper.
Separately make a mixture of oil, mustard, garlic, salt, spices and, optionally, lemon juice. Grease the cabbage slices with this mixture, on all sides, using a brush.
Place the tray in the preheated oven at 180-200 degrees for about 30 minutes. Check that the cabbage is slightly soaked and browned in places.
Serve immediately, it is excellent with cream. We had cabbage left for the next day, when we warmed it up and we liked it just as much.
TOTAL: 710 grams, 743 calories, 12.4 protein, 59.6 fat, 38.8 carbohydrates, 12.2 fiber
Note: These calculations are approximate. If you follow a strict diet, I recommend you do your own calculations, starting from the concrete products used.
Baked sweet cabbage with polenta
Until recently I made 163267455475 hardened cabbages, I just didn't understand why hardened cabbages don't come out. They came out boiled, stifled, tormented, like that, in a word alandala.
Well, dude, I got caught and I'm telling you, in case you don't even get perfect, sublime, hardened cabbages.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- a large cabbage
- a large onion
- 250 g chopped tomatoes (canned or live)
- oil or other fat
- a bay leaf
- Dill parsley
- optional, if you want to be mean, ruthless and increase all your cholesterol, both good and bad, smoked bacon or smoked ribs and other crap, your job
Polenta for 2 people:
- 500 ml of water
- 150 g of grated corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a teaspoon of black pepper (optionally, I like its aroma in polenta, plus I feel like a family healer)
We cut the cabbage faithfully. That means about how thin you can be. You can also put it on the robot on the slicing blade.
I sprinkled salt on it (say about a tablespoon without a tip) and stirred until I was sure it was spread everywhere. Then I let her do it on her own, I think for 10-15 minutes.
After this time, my cabbage looked like this:
I mean, it had shrunk in volume and left a pile of juice on the bottom of the bowl. Something that deserves the next step: squeezing.
Before that, though, I tasted it. It looked a little salty, so I washed it well, thank you under running water, until it tasted good.
Then I squeezed the chopped cabbage with my hands and put it in a strainer (actually a sieve) to drain on its own.
I heated a cast iron skillet. Average. I'm a cast iron fan, basically, you have nothing to cook in it and it doesn't taste good. If it is well seasoned (pan, I say), the food does not stick, it does not burn, it is nothing, sir! It's magic. Plus you can put it in the oven later. Please, if he doesn't have a wooden handle.
I put 2 tablespoons of fat. For me, this thing meant 2 tablespoons of duck lard, but you can put vegetable oil well.
In it I hardened the chopped onion and fish. Caaam like this:
I added a powder of dried thyme, salt, pepper, ground chili and a bay leaf.
Stir and keep over medium heat until tender, until the onion is hardened. This means that it softens, becomes translucent, but does not stain.
Now is the time to worry if we want other fats like ribs, bacon, meat, bacon, etc. If we use them, we wait for them to cook. I put the small pieces of smoked, forgotten, poor bacon in the fridge.
Then add the well drained cabbage.
Saute the cabbage in the pan, stirring, until it drops a little and all the water evaporates.
Now we can put the chopped tomatoes or tomato juice.
Stir and keep on the heat for a while until they all become friends. And the tomato juice or tomatoes drop a bit.
Put in the oven. At 180 degrees C. About 45 minutes. Stir occasionally so that it does not stick to the edge. In the end it looks like this:
As soon as it comes out of the oven, we can put freshly chopped dill and / or parsley.
While the cabbage is in the oven, add the polenta.
Bring 500 ml of water to the boil, add salt and black. We turn on the low heat and put the semolina in the rain. Stir faithfully and vigorously with a whisk until the cornstarch is incorporated. Let the heat simmer and wait about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn the well-made polenta over, let it cool for a few minutes, until it thickens better. We put it on plates or we can slice it. If we want and feel full of culinary momentum, we cut slices 2-3 cm thick, which we put on the hot grill or in a pan.
Ingredients baked potatoes with bacon and onion & # 8211 quick recipe
- 1 kg. potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 200 gr. bacon or kaiser
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml. oil
- greenery & # 8211 parsley, dill according to preferences
Preparation Baked potatoes with bacon and onion & # 8211 quick recipe
- Turn the oven on and preheat to 180 degrees C.
- Peel the potatoes, rinse in clean water and cut into cubes, first cut the potato crosswise, then cut the two halves into two / three pieces, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Boil in a pot for 5 minutes until the water starts to boil. We don't boil them anymore because they will also cook in the oven.
- Until the potatoes are cooked, prepare the other ingredients: slice the bacon, peel the garlic and cut it into thin slices and peel the onion and cut the scales.
- In the tray prepared for baking, put the fried potatoes and drain well of water, add the bacon, garlic and onion.
- Pour the oil over the ingredients in the pan.
- Sprinkle with greens, season with salt and pepper and mix carefully so that the ingredients are evenly seasoned and distributed in the pan before being put in the oven.
- Seal the tray with aluminum foil and put in the oven.
- After 15 & # 8211 20 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and continue to brown in the oven. Be very careful when removing the foil, the steam that is released can burn you hard, use thermal gloves for the kitchen to avoid this type of unpleasant incident.
- Once the foil is removed, the potatoes will need to be closely monitored and from time to time, mix with a wooden spoon in the pan so that the ingredients brown evenly.
- When the potatoes are nicely browned, take them out of the oven. This is what they will look like:
Baked potatoes with bacon and onion & # 8211 quick recipe & # 8211 serving
These baked potatoes with bacon and onions can be very well served as such but they also go great as a side dish next to a grill or next to a steak. If you serve them as such, being a fairly consistent food, 4 servings will result, if you serve them as a side dish, they will be enough for 6-8 people. Baked potatoes with bacon and onion are served warm, sprinkled with fresh greens on top, with pickles or salad next to it. Great appetite!